Do you know what you’re eating?
It may seem like a silly question, but do you really know what you’re eating? How many nutrients? How much fiber? How many calories? If you’re stepping on your scale week after week, workout after workout, and nothing is changing, taking a look at what you’re eating may provide some really valuable information about your diet!
A few months ago, I downloaded an app called Lifesum — which helps to track your meals and your exercise in a really seamless way. Today, I’m excited to provide a review of the app!
- It’s free. While there is a paid option for Lifesum, there are a lot of great features within the free version of the app.
- You can easily track your exercise. You can manually enter your exercise for the day — or Lifesum can connect with other apps like Google Fit, S Health, FitBit, and more. That way, if you use an app to track your fitness or your steps, the information will automatically be sent to Lifesum to keep track of your fitness!
- You can easily track every meal. You can manually enter every food you eat, or use the barcode scanner to quickly gather information, too! Every food item is calculated (Carbs, Protein, Fat) and added up to let you know if you’re staying within your calorie goal for the day.
- You can easily track water intake. It’s easy to forget to drink enough water from day to day. Using Lifesum, you can just tap the water icon to track how many cups of water you’ve had.
- You’ll receive encouraging reminders and tips throughout the day. Lifesum will give you friendly reminders throughout the day, such as “Have a glass of water before dinner to ensure you eat the right amount.” These little tips are really helpful!
Overall, Lifesum is a really wonderful app for tracking your meals and fitness! Knowing what you eat and how it affects you can be really helpful in fulfilling your long-term health goals, too!9