For the past few years, guacamole has been my absolute favorite food. For me, it’s practically its own food group! Today, I’m so excited to share the best guacamole recipe I know – with a little help from a print by my dear friend Lauren Heim!
Guacamole can be a little pricey if you’re dining out, so a few years ago, I challenged myself to make my own. It turns out, I love this recipe more than I love guacamole from anyplace else… Yes, even Chipotle! I’ve picked up some fun tips along the way, so I’m excited to share both the recipe as well as my tips for a delicious batch of guacamole! I hope you enjoy!
You’ll need: 6 avocados, 1 lime, 1 tomato, ½ red onion, cilantro, salt, and jalapeño. For my recipe, jalapeño is optional.
The Very Best Guacamole Recipe
- Peel each avocado, remove the pit, and place in a medium mixing bowl for mashing.
- When the avocados have been mashed to your desired texture, squeeze ½ to 1 lime, and stir.
- Chop the tomato and onion, and fold in.
- Chop a tablespoon of cilantro, and fold in.
- Optional: For hotter guacamole, add jalapeño.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Avocados: Choose organic avocados, if possible! They’re delicious and seem to have more avocado than non-organic avocados do — which sometimes have a big pit. Avocados that are soft when squeezed are ready to be used.
- Mashing: Mash to your desired texture. For me, chunky guacamole is the best!
- Lime: Don’t be afraid to be generous with your lime juice. I usually add ½ to 1 lime worth.
- Tomato and Onion: Don’t feel obligated to add both tomato and onion. Use whichever you like most and will enjoy eating! I tend to avoid tomatoes, even though they’re in the recipe!
I’ve rounded up a few helpful kitchen gadgets, decorations, more! Simply click on any piece shown below to learn more, or to purchase!
I hope you enjoy this guacamole recipe!4